GemArts is part of Gateshead Visible Ethnic Minorities Support Group (GVEMSG), supporting BME, asylum seeker and refugee communities for over 25 years. We give everyone the opportunity to engage with high quality diverse arts, whether as producer, participant or audience member. Our expertise in working with, and supporting, artists and communities across the North East, enables us to create particpant led projects and an exceptional performance programme, which celebrates diversity and truly offers something for everyone.
Images: GemArts Mini Movers session by Anna Miller
Your support helps us make a positive difference to the lives of individuals and communities who need it most. The more money we raise, the more opportunities we can offer, and the more lives we will improve across the region. You can make a donation here, and right now we can double your gift thanks to Arts Council England.* Gifts of all sizes make a big difference, so please give what you can;
- £5 purchases materials for a young person to learn new creative skills and build the confidence to share with others.
- £20 helps subsidise our annual Diwali Celebrations, enabling communities to come together, share and celebrate diversity.
- £50 provides a room for a Women's mental health group to take part in workshops, create freindships and build support networks.
- £80 pays for dance classes, getting older people active, improving health and wellbeing.
- £250 allows a group of disadvantaged young people to take part in a project that builds their aspirations and skills for a brighter future.
- £400 supports professional development for artists from diverse backgrounds, nurturing the arts sector's biggest asset, our Artists.
Images: GemArts Masala Festival 2016 Mini Mela dancers by Anna Miller
As a charity we are reliant on raising funds from a variety of sources. As a successful arts development organisation we ensure support benefits more than 81,000 people each year. Through generous donations GemArts is able to offer equal access to the arts, whether attending one of our events, taking part in a workshop or taster class, or helping shape a longer term project, we make sure everyone goes away with a full and positive experience.
RUN AND RAISE GemArts has secured 5 places for the Great North Run 2017. The entry fee is £54, and we ask each runner to set a minimum £100 fundraising target for GemArts. If you are interested in running the biggest half marathon in the UK, and raising money for our charity, please contact email@example.com.
There are a number of ways you can make a gift to our charity, including;
ONLINE Make a secure online gift using the donation form here.
BY CHEQUE Make payable to GemArts, post to GemArts, GOTH, West St, Gateshead NE8 1HE please include your name and contact details on the back.
OTHER OPTIONS If you would prefer to make a donation by bank transfer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for GemArts bank account details.
Got your own exciting fundraising ideas? You can speak to a member of GemArts team by calling 0191 440 4124.
GemArts is registered with Easy Fundraising which enables online shoppers to donate to their favourite good causes, at no extra cost to the shopper, the donation comes direct from the retailer. Visit our Easy Fundraising page for more information on the site and how you can raise donations for GemArts through your own shopping.
*Through Catalyst Evolve each £1 we raise will be matched with a further £1 donation from Arts Council England up to July 2019.
GemArts is part of Gateshead Visible Ethnic Minorities Support Group, registered charity number 1008100.