GemArts’ work with community groups is varied and diverse. Over the years we have built up significant experience delivering projects which hold participants at the heart of all outcomes. We are a recognised leader in the diversity art sector, with extensive experience of work with refugee, asylum seeker, and ethnic minority groups. Based in the north east,we have built up considerable knowledge of the issues faced by communities across the region.
Our focus is on offering everyone the opportunity to partake in high quality participatory arts activity, as participant, producer and audience. We work closely with professional artists, support workers, venues and volunteers to ensure everyone feeds into project planning.
GemArts specialises in delivering high quality culturally diverse arts projects with participants of all ages and backgrounds. The core aims of all our projects are to provide participants with the opportunity to:
· Experience working alongside professional artists;
· Develop new skills and interests;
· Improve confidence and self esteem;
· Achieve through creativity and enjoyment;
· To improve communication, team working and social skills;
· Explore issues, address stereotypes and life choices in a creative, dynamic and
· enjoyable environment;
· Create opportunities for positive work with diverse communities;
· Create awareness of education and career opportunities
Watch UnCzech'd perform as part of GemArts' East by North East project during Sage Gateshead's 10th birthday celebration weekend.
For more information on our work with community groups visit the Projects section of this website.
Workshop costs depend on the activity chosen, number of participants and materials required for the art form. Please contact Alexandra Marsden firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.